Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Updated: November 15, 2016
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / Convention Marchandises Routiers (CMR) / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list stating origin and creator of art items
- Detailed valued inventory stating quantity, unit value, and total value (the value should be different from the insurance value)
- Request for temporary import (issued from the employer in Kosovo) for Customs.
- Letter of employment (showing the duration of stay)
- Lease agreement / rental contract (showing address of temporary residence)
- Bank guarantee (must be equivalent to amount of total calculated Customs duties (provided by the employer)
- Copy of Kosovo ID (returning residents)
- Certificate of residence (returning residents)
- Customs export declaration (from previous export)
- Copy of United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) ID
- Work certificate made in Pristina by the diplomatic organization (diplomats)
- Full duties are payable on goods identified on the Customs export declaration if bought less than 6 months prior to import.
- All documents required for personal effects are necessary for the import of motor vehicles.
- The owner of the goods must be present with passport at the Customs terminal for clearance.
- Original registration card
- Original sales certificate / purchase invoice
- For private import, vehicles must be less than 6 years old and must belong to the owner of the goods.
- For non-diplomatic shipments, full duties are payable if the car has been bought less than 6 months prior to import.
- The following should be stated in the shipping advice: model, type, number of chassis, number of doors, year of production, fuel, cubic centimeter, engine number, color, etc.
- For companies and organizations, imported vehicles must be less than 6 years old and must belong to the owner of the goods.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinarian health certificate must indicate that the animals are in a healthy physical condition prior to import.
- Plant and plant products (permission and phytosanitary certificate are required); the phytosanitary certificate must indicate that the plants do not have harmful organisms
- Animal and animal products (permission is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), smoking tobacco (250 g)
- Alcoholic beverages over 22% volume (1 L)
- Illegal drugs
- Guns, ammunition and explosives
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit money and goods
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other Information
CIA World Factbook Entry for Kosovo