Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Updated: November 15, 2016
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Original bill of lading (OBL) – express release accepted / air waybill (AWB)
- Original inventory in English dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) – The TIN is a unique number issued to each taxpayer by the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA)
- All PHHG imported to Guyana is subjected to Duty and Valued Added Tax (VAT). For PHHG it is typically 20% to 30% (varies depending on the commodity) of the declared value of the items and a standard 14% VAT. Attached are the customs regulations for further clarification.
- Certificate Of Title
- Certificate of insurance
- Sales Receipt / Commercial Invoice
- Duty of Vehicles varies based on year of vehicle, engine capacity and type.
- Import permit
- Rabies vaccination record
- The importation of animals requires authorization prior to the arrival of the animal.
- Quarantine is not required for animals.
- Livestock require an import permit.
- Animals imported with rabies must be placed in quarantine prior to entry into Guyana.
- The following household goods may be imported duty free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200)
- Cigars (50)
- Tobacco (225g)
- Perfume (250ml)
- Wine (750 ml)
- Spirits (750 ml)
- Perfume for private use (reasonable quantity; contact agent)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required and difficult to obtain)
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition (authorization from the territorial administration required)
- Plant materials (import permit required)
- Fresh and raw meat (import permit and an inspection by qualified official required)
- Fresh fruit
- Organic and inorganic fertilizers
- Unlawful drugs
- Knives and dangerous weapons
- Counterfeit goods
- Pornographic materials
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other Information
CIA World Factbook Entry for Guyana