Due to the current coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and restrictions in various countries, the below information may not be accurate. This pandemic is a fluid situation. Check with authorities for local laws and restrictions concerning movements.
Updated: November 16, 2016
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory
- Certificate of residence
- Owners of the goods having lived abroad for at least 6 months prior to import may qualify for a duty exemption.
- Title / registration
- Proof of insurance (must state the beginning and ending dates of the policy)
- OBL / AWB
- Owners of the goods must have lived abroad for at least 12 months to import a motor vehicle duty free.
- The motorized vehicle (autos and motorcycles) must have been in the possession and used for at least 12 months prior to import.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pet passport in Dutch or English
- Documents must accompany pets during travel.
- Pets must comply with all health regulations and have been vaccinated at least 30 days but less than 12 months prior to import.
- New items (dutiable)
- Drugs and narcotics
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Cultural and Other Information